Business Development Manager De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek
Be the difference
De Brauw is an independent law firm with a global reach, headquartered in the Netherlands. Clients choose De Brauw when it’s complicated, when they are going global, and when flexibility is required.
De Brauw has expertise in more than 30 practice areas. Their core competences are Corporate, Litigation, and Regulatory. The total amount of people working for De Brauw is 700, but for this role you will be working within the field of the Arbitration Department–(team of 48 lawyers).
About the role: you are the embedded Business Development Manager for the Arbitration Department. You will be situated at their floor and will work closely together with the entire team of partners and associates, formulating and executing strategies that will further develop our internationally oriented practice. Connecting the dots with the team between our legal USP's and potential client needs is key; Translating business ideas to business opportunities is essential. You bring together the right people and lead projects to turn these business opportunities into value, pro-actively engaging colleagues at all levels throughout the firm.
Doing the right thing
When you work at De Brauw, you will grow. It doesn’t matter who you are, or where you work within the firm. Our commitment to you is that you will learn more than you thought possible and that you will be challenged to reach new, unimaginable heights.
There’s doing things right and then there’s doing the right thing. Lots of firms do things right. Meet the brief, file on time, tick the boxes. We do too. But we’re big believers in going the extra mile. So, when it comes to the work that we’re proudest of—the cases that we talk about at home—it’s the matters that require something more. Digging deeper, looking further, trying harder, thinking bigger.
If you’re the kind of person who often thinks good isn’t good enough, well, you’ve come to the right place.
Knowledge, skills and experience
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who fits in with the culture of De Brauw and who complements the team with his or her experience. You recognize yourself in the following profile:
• You have completed an academic study – Business Management, Law or Economics.
• You have relevant work experience within a business development function, a commercially driven role or consulting (5-10 Years). You understand the way of working within a professional services firm. Experience within a law firm is not required.
• You have proven commercial experience and are able to mobilize and expand your own network and to translate customer needs into concrete substantive and commercial proposals.
• You are result-oriented, you like to work on a project basis and the variety that goes with it.
• You do not mind a mixture of strategic and operational work; sometimes getting your hands dirty to get the job done efficiently is part of your ethos.
• You are driven and your challenge is to get organizations and the people who work there to perform better. You are not afraid to fail, but you go further than you thought possible.
• You are eager to learn and then learn more. You take responsibility for your mistakes and you celebrate accomplishments of others.
• You are a real team player, you can build good relationships with your colleagues and you deal with (potential) clients in a professional way.
• You find it important to deliver high quality work, you have a straightened back and you have a professional critical working attitude.
• You inspire others with your passion and you make the difference for your clients, regarding the needs of others. For you, service is an honor and a privilege.
• You are open to international working environments in which travel is sometimes necessary.
• Your communication is strong in both Dutch and English (verbal and written).
The organization offers a competitive salary and excellent secondary benefits package.