Campus Recruiter - Events & Communications
McKinsey & Company helps organizations across the private, public, and social sectors create the Change that Matters most to them. From the C-suite to the front line, we partner with our clients to transform their organizations, embed technology into everything they do, and build enduring capabilities. With exceptional people in 65 countries, we combine global expertise and local insight to help you turn your ambitious goals into reality.
You will be responsible for attracting and sourcing top talent from diverse backgrounds for our Amsterdam office.
In this role you will work closely with the team to identify target groups of potential candidates and new methods for contacting them. In collaboration with recruiting colleagues, you will then define a clear communication & event strategy which will support our team in reaching our hiring ambitions. Your main focus will be to organize / attend recruiting events for students, both virtual and in person, and to lead our local employer branding efforts.
You will develop the local online marketing strategy for our target audiences and secure our online presence (e.g., social media, company profiles, video presentations, vlogs / blogs) as a key part of your role.
You will manage our event calendar and will own the budget and design of the events, through the full execution of all event logistics, candidate administration and communication materials. Your focus will be to attend campus events in University cities such as career fairs and company presentations. You will be the voice of McKinsey during those events, presenting our office together with a group of consultants. And you will be responsible for pro-active event follow up.
You will build and maintain strong relationships with all colleagues in the Amsterdam office and the international (recruiting) community. And you will maintain a tight and professional relationship with Universities, student- and study associations, sororities and other relevant (online) talent pools. As part of those relations, you will manage all external sponsorship requests.
You will analyze and update relevant recruiting data (CRM-system, event and marketing analyses). Based on the insights, you will adjust your sourcing strategy and pro-actively follow up. You will have the opportunity to participate in ad-hoc regional recruiting projects and internal office initiatives.
- HBO+ degree preferred
- 0-1 years of working experience
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Strong ties with student communities in the Netherlands and affinity with online media channels; social media enthusiast
- Experience in communications, marketing/PR or employer branding is a plus (e.g., education, internship, side-jobs)
- Passion for organizing events
- Self-starter, with ability to effectively manage multiple streams of work independently and flexibility to deal with last-minute changes
- Comfortable with working under pressure; strong-time management skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Collaborative team player with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Capable of identifying issues and generating creative solutions
- Organizational and administrative skills, meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical / numerical ability
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)