EMEA Maritime Contract Manager
For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity to work on a global team, learning from experienced colleagues across diverse disciplines. As most of the Ardent Emergency Management backbone is based in IJmuiden Holland, this role is uniquely situated to learn from an experienced team of salvage professionals across all functions. The Contract Manager role proactively sells Ardent`s Emergency Preparedness offering to EMEA market, as well as works closely with the operations and commercial teams to stay on top of the dynamic spot market for marine emergency response services.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
• Pursue new salvage opportunities and coordinate emergency response cases globally as needed, participating in the company’s 24/7 duty system.
• Provide commercial support to ongoing cases including securing and management of contracts, and liaison with financial team and processes.
• Provide logistical support to ongoing operations as required.
• Provide shore side support for salvage opportunities in the region as needed.
• Manage commercial and operational relationships with clients and strategic partners
• Develop a network of upstream vendors / partners to assist with emergency response cases as needed
• Arrange and participate in salvage training and preparedness activities
• Provide support securing additional standby contracts within EMEA region
• Identify and develop new commercial opportunities that will allow Ardent to broaden our remit within the defined market segments.
• Actively populate the company Client Resource Management system
• Ensure Ardent is included on any relevant tender lists and conduct win plans /pursuit plans and provide intelligence to better our position
• Build detailed knowledge of Ardent products, service capabilities, and contractual instruments common to our activity
• Build and disseminate within Ardent relevant commercial and regulatory knowledge with regards to securing and conducting Emergency Management work in EMEA region
Required/Preferred Education & Background
• Minimum Bachelor`s level education preferred (Business and/or commercial background preferred)
• Minimum 2-7 years client (management) faced experience in related industry
• Demonstrable affinity (or experience) for the Ardent business
• Must be a legal resident of Netherlands
• Fluent English required
Training and competencies
• Developing new business or expanding existing business
• Flexibility in the way of working & availability (travelling)
• Relevant Client-management and/or sales experience
• Strong interpersonal and project management skills
• History of taking initiative, prepared to make a difference and wear different hats in a small team
• Strong and creative MS Office Suite skills
• Competitive Salary pending on experiences, education and skills. (Annual salary, including a 13th month and 8% holiday allowance)
• Bonus percentage is max. 20% - pending on KPI’s and financial result of the company
• 30 holidays at a full-time employment and a good pension scheme