International Account Manager Insurance
International mobility company, active in over 30 countries, which also offers a range of insurance products and services including Third Party Liability cover, Own Damage, comprehensive reporting and accident prevention consultancy. These services are delivered by the company's in-house insurance company based in Dublin and the local entities who are in direct contact with the clients and drivers, issuing the policies and handling the claims.
The sales & account management organization focuses on servicing the segment of large multinationals and provides international consolidated reporting. The company has identified a significant opportunity to further expand the fleet insurance offering in the large Corporate segment, including multinationals and large loval accounts.
Purpose of the job
The Account Manager will be responsible for retention of the company's international fleet insurance programmes, including and not limited to day-to-day management, coordination, insurance renewals and consolidating reporting. The position will be based in Amsterdam and will report to the International Insurance Sales Director.
An engaging and customer-centric personality is the key to success in this Account Manager role. You must also have solid organization and prioritization skills, as well as the flexibility to quickly adapt to changing situations. It is also important that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to easily establish rapport and credibility, and to explain motor insurance products in a simple and understandable way.
The Account Manager Insurance will have the following responsibilities:
- Retention of insurance
- Upsell additional (ancillary) insurance products
- Responsible to manage tenders of existing insured clients
- Initiate and maintain relationship with decision manager: fleet manager and/or insurance manager
- Manage and monitor the performance of the existing insured fleet
- Hold periodical review meetings with the largest accounts in order to evaluate the loss statistics and the renewal terms
- Leverage and coordinate with the company's Insurance organization in Dublin and the Insurance Managers in the countries
- Manage the international insurance proposition towards the company's International Account Managers
- Be the main contact for insurance towards the company's International Account Managers
- Be the main contact for International Insurance Reporting
- Assist in building prospects and generating new business for fleet insurance in cooperation with the International Insurance Sales Director and the company's International Account Managers.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree
- 5+ years industry experience (preferably with a large international broker or international insurance company)
- Track record in managing international accounts that require cross-border planning and coordination
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel
- Proven track record in account management
- Integrity and professionalism
- Hold qualifications required to undertake insurance mediation
- Strong communicative skilss
- Strong account management capabilities
- open doors and build relationships
- interact at senior management level with conviction and diplomacy
- evaluate and explain country specifications