NIBC Vice President Corporate Finance
The NIBC Corporate Finance team is a young and dynamic team and consists of 15 - 20 professionals. The team members provide financial advice on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, buyouts and corporate development, combining first-class execution expertise with an entrepreneurial deal organization empowered by NIBC’s leadership and supported by NIBC’s sector specialists in its chosen focus sectors. In addition, the team closely works together with NIBC’s Capital Markets teams. Recent examples of successful transactions NIBC advised on are the sale of Vopak Terminal Eemshaven to Whitehelm Capital, the investment in Caldic by Goldman Sachs Private Equity, the IPO of Advicenne on Euronext Paris and the acquisition of Keesing Media Group by Ergon Capital. The team works from NIBC’s offices in The Hague and Amsterdam (c. 50/50).
Team members work closely together to prepare client materials to the highest standard and support each other in their personal and professional development. Team members pride themselves in going the extra mile with a focus on effectiveness. The team works in a structured, goal-oriented way that benefits all of NIBC’s stakeholders. NIBC encourages people to take responsibility towards these stakeholders.
To expand the Corporate Finance team, NIBC is looking for a Vice President (VP). As VP you are leading a deal team. You are involved in both origination and execution of transactions. The contribution of the VP will vary per assignment and comprises amongst others the following activities:
- Take the lead on the marketing and execution of assignments, define goals and deliverables and plan, divide and supervise the associated task and activities
- Have direct responsibility for overall process coordination and day-to-day interaction with both senior bankers internally, as well as clients externally
- Create, identify and act on commercial opportunities for NIBC in close cooperation with seniors within the department and sector specialists
- Contribute to the development of the department, and supervise and mentor the team’s associates and analysts
- Self-starting, flexible team player with high quality standards
- Strong drive and commitment
- Result-oriented; "getting things done" mentality with a strong commercial sense
- High level of numeracy and technical proficiency, combined with the commercial awareness to put the analyses into their strategic context
- Contribution to the (technical and personal) development of junior team members
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication; fluent in Dutch and English
The benefits of a medium sized team with a clear focus, at the core of the strategy of a dynamic firm with a long term focus on investment banking. You are able to work where, when and how you want. You will have a direct impact and are highly visible towards the bank’s clients and the bank itself. Being a VP at NIBC will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to our clients’ senior management and provides the opportunity to work with other disciplines within the bank, both credit as well as capital markets disciplines. This is a unique opportunity in which you can further grow and develop your commercial skills by leveraging your technical experience. You will be an integral part of a highly recognised team and will get the opportunity to build and expand your own network.