Nuveen Real Estate - Portfolio Manager Logistics
Nuveen Real Estate, an affiliate of Nuveen (the investment management arm of TIAA), is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with c.$123bn in AUM globally. Managing a suite of funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing. With over 80 years of investing experience, and more than 530 real estate professionals located across 22 cities throughout the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, the platform offers geographic reach, which is married with deep sector expertise.
The Portfolio Manager will have the responsibility for identifying new investment opportunities within the logistics sector and handling the operational asset management of Nuveen’s existing logistics portfolio in the Netherlands but also the wider Benelux region.
Working in collaboration with the Nuveen European logistics team, the Portfolio Manager will work closely with the Portfolio and Fund Management teams responsible for the investing funds or mandates. The key pan-European mandates currently investing into the Benelux region are the European Cities Fund, a pan European balanced open ended Fund , the European Logistics Fund, a pan-European Spezialfond and HELOS, a segregated pan-European logistics mandate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identification of investment opportunities and disposition opportunities
- Responsibility for the performance and the operating management of managed assets
- Preparation and implementation of annual business plans and asset management initiatives working closely with the portfolio or fund managers of each respective Fund or mandate.
- Instruction, coordination and supervision of external professional teams (incl. property managers, leasing agents, communication agencies, etc.)
- Preparation and assisting of quarterly reporting to investors and annual property valuation processes
Skills & Qualitications required
- Excellent knowledge of the Benelux logistics markets
- Strong knowledge of local law concerning lease agreement and legal real estate environment
- Proven ability to ‘hands on’ asset management
- Financial, analytical and modelling skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills both in Dutch and in English